The international conference Foliations 2016 is in the series of conferences on foliations organized in Poland
(1990, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2012). The conference is hosted by the Research and Conference Centre in Będlewo,
Poland – a part of Mathematical Institute which belongs to the Polish Academy of Sciences, and takes place in the period of July 11-17, 2016.
Foliations 2016 is a satellite of the 7th European Congress of Mathematics (July 18-22, 2016, Berlin, Germany).
We wish you a pleasant stay in Będlewo.
The list of invited lectures contains:
- Julliette Bavard (Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6), About a big mapping class group
- Jonathan Bowden (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Muenchen), Approximating C0-foliations by contact structures
- Steven Frankel (Yale University), Quasigeodesic and pseudo-Anosov flows
- Sebastian Hurtado-Salazar (University of Chicago), Burnside problem on diffeomorphism groups
- Remi Langevin (Universite de Bourgogne), Entropy, a "functional" viewpoint
- Olga Lukina (University of Illinois at Chicago), Invariants for equicontinuous group actions on Cantor sets
- Kathryn Mann (University of California at Berkeley), Group orders, dynamics and rigidity
- Hirokazu Maruhashi (Max-Planck-Institut fuer Mathematik), Parameter rigidity of the action of AN on Γ\G for higher rank semisimple Lie groups
- Emmanuel Militon (Universite Nice), Distortion and Tits alternative for big mapping class groups
- Daniel Peralta-Salas (ICMAT Madrid), Helicity is the only integral invariant of volume-preserving diffeomorphisms
- Joaquin Perez Munoz (Universidad de Granada), Minimal laminations in R3 and the Hoffman-Meeks conjecture
Lectures starts Tuesday (July 12) morning and end on Saturday (July 16) afternoon. The morning session is between 9:30 am and 12:30 pm, while the afternoon one is from 3 pm to 6:30 pm.
On Thursday (July 14) afternoon we plan (depending on weather) an excursion around Wielkopolski National Park in two ways : draisines (less effort) or bikes (more effort).
The conference banquet starts on Wednesday (July 13) at 8 pm. It is included in the registration fee.
Będlewo Palace is Research and Conference Centre. It is a place where conferences and workshops devoted to the development of different mathematical domains . Good atmosphere, a surrondding park and all the facilities make Będlewo Palace one of the best place to do mathematics.
The conference takes place in the main lecture hall equipped with a computer, projectors and blackboards. You can also use a small lecture room and the common room for some individual meetings.
Będlewo Palace provides full-board accommodation for participants of the conference. Hotel rooms are in the same building as lecture halls and the restaurant is located in the neighbouring palace.
We reserve rooms for all participants even if they indicated something else in the registration form.
Registration desk and payment
Registration desk is located at the main lecture hall. It is open on Monday (July 11) at 5-7 pm and on Tuesday (July 13) at 8:30 – 11 am. Anyway, the organizing committee memmbers help you in any case.
Payment is possible by bank transfer on our account
IBAN: PL 86 1240 3028 1111 0000 2822 2488 , SWIFT: PKOPPLPW
Total fee including registration fee and full-board accommodation is 400 EUR (or 1500 PLN for Polish institutions), for accompanied persons 200 EUR. Deadline is July 5. After this date you could pay at the registration desk (cash only).
Będlewo is located near Poznań (30 km), a large city in the western Poland. The closest international airport is Poznań Airport (POZ), but the Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin International Airport (WAW) is also a convenient destination. The transfer from Warsaw Airport to Poznań Główny Railway Station lasts about 3 hours (local train + fast train). The timetable of Polish Railways is available at http://rozklad-pkp.pl/en
You could consider also Berlin airports Schoenefeld (SXF) and Tegel (TXL) and then train to Poznań (direction: Warsaw). Then consult Deutsche Bahn timetables.
We provide a transport from Poznan to Bedlewo to any participant. To use it:
- • if you land in Poznan Lawica airport (POZ) simply send your landing time to firstname.lastname@example.org
- • if you go to Poznan by train send your arrival time to Maciej Czarnecki's phone +48603591076 (or simply call) when you are sure about it i.e. after boarding.
Any hotel room in Będlewo Palace is equipped with a cable connection to internet. In the rest of the centre wifi is also available.